Announcements and Important Events
Important Changes to NCAA Eligibility
Please take note of the following important changes to NCAA eligibility:
- Did you know that the NCAA’s initial-eligibility academic standards are changing for student-athletes enrolling at an NCAA Division I university on or after August 1, 2016 (this year’s high school sophomore class and younger)? A brief summary of the changes can be found here.
- To assist in getting this message out, we have developed the Initial-Eligibility Resource Index , a new electronic tool that contains links to the NCAA Eligibility Center’s resources and presentations available free of charge. Please share these materials broadly with students, parents, coaches, etc.
- Additional high school-specific resources are available on the High School Portal Resources page. The NCAA Eligibility Center receives thousands of calls each year regarding hardcopy transcript receipt due to the two- to three-week processing time needed to mail, log, scan, and post transcripts to student accounts. You are strongly encouraged to submit transcripts through one of the approved e-transcript providers (Docufide/Parchment, Scrip Safe, ConnectEDU, National Transcript Center/Pearson Edustructure, USMO ET, and XAP) as these transcripts usually appear in student accounts within 48 hours.
- Please verify that your school’s List of NCAA Courses is up to date by logging into your account within the High School Portal . This will help ensure that courses taken by your students can be matched to their transcript during the final academic certification process.
- Catch us live at www.collegeweeklive.com at 11 a.m. Eastern time Thursday, October 24. The free webinar can be found under the Events tab titled "All Access Fall event through CollegeWeekLive" and the name of the webinar is "Path to the Student-Athlete Experience."